Fox Harb'r Resort
Position reports to: Manager of Maintenance and Development
Fox Harb’r Resort is a 5 Star 4 Diamond property nestled along the coast of the Northumberland Strait in Wallace, Nova Scotia. We are offering a unique opportunity for you to experience a 5 Star Luxury work environment. With this opportunity you will be presented with a distinctive career, experience, and benefits in a World Class setting.
Summary of position: The Outdoor Guide is responsible for conducting kayaking and other outdoor activities. Our goal is to provide guests with a spectacular outdoor experience, while ensuring the safety of all and minimizing any negative environmental effects of our presence.
- Guide individuals or groups on 2 hour kayaking tours
- Assist with sport shooting, fishing, hiking, pontoon boat tours and all other activities
- Create positive customer relations
- Assemble necessary equipment and supplies
- Clean and maintain equipment and supplies
- Instruct and demonstrate related skills and techniques
- Respect and maintain natural resources
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
At Fox Harb’r Resort, we know every employee is a valued part of the team.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive wages
- Travel Fuel Allowance
- Discounts at the Resort’s Dining Areas; The Cape Cliff and Willard
- Discounts on Accommodations, Golf and Spa services & products
- Friends and Family Rates for overnight accommodations
- Complimentary use of the Junior Olympic Pool, Mineral Pool and Fitness Room
- Team Member rates for Golf, Sport Shooting, Kayaking, Trail Rides etc.
- Team Member Activities and Department Incentives
- Team Member Education Funding and Bursary Program
- Team Member housing availability
- Experience an asset
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and as part of a team.
- Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time.
- Working knowledge of environment and local area
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent instructional skills
- Experience in kayaking
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Computer Skills
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Team Work
If you have the talent, dedication and level of commitment we’re looking for and would like to advance your career in hospitality at Fox Harb’r Resort, submit your resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department, Ann Jeffreys Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: 1337 Fox Harbour Rd., Fox Harbour, NS B0K 1Y0
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.