Part Time (Job Share) Instructor – CCA Program
Website Futureworx Society
Futureworx Society, a social purpose organization, helps people with diverse needs identify their strengths and goals, develop skills and achieve success in school, work, and life. We offer an expansive range of employment, educational, and training programs, as well as, business, corporate and customized services that innovatively respond to the needs of our community, our province, and our partners across Canada and beyond.
Are you interested in an opportunity to share your knowledge, supporting adult learners in their quest in becoming a CCA? Are you interested in a job share position that entails 20 weeks of instructional and supervised placement services, with potential for extension /renewal?
If your answer is yes, we may have an opportunity for you!
Futureworx is preparing for Continuing Care Assistant program expansions in St Peter’s, NS. We are inviting applications from qualified RN’s or LPNs who are interested in an opportunity to share their knowledge and support adult learners in their quest of becoming a CCA. Approximate commencement date: August 2020.
As part of our dynamic and supportive team the primary role of the Instructor includes the planning, preparation and delivery of NS and Futureworx CCA Curriculum, as well as the direct and indirect supervision of learners during clinical placement, in a variety of care settings. Instructional areas within the program include but are not limited to anatomy and physiology, personal care skills, terminology and documentation, dementia care, palliative care, interpersonal communication, and medications.
- Providing theoretical, laboratory and clinical instruction/supervision, in accordance with the Nova Scotia and Futureworx Continuing Care Assistant Curriculum
- Planning and preparing instructional materials and resources, that utilize a variety of teaching methods to promote student success
- Create an environment that is conducive to learning and student development; contribute to maintaining a healthy, secure, and safe learning environment.
- Maintain records of student attendance, grades, lab, and/or homework assignments.
- Building and sustaining professional relationships with students, colleagues, community partners, and other stakeholders
- Monitoring students’ progress in the classroom and placement settings. Contribute to maintaining a healthy, secure, and safe learning environment.
- Provide 1:1 student performance counselling/feedback sessions and advise students regarding academic matters
- Communicate collaboratively and pro-actively with internal and external program stakeholders
- Coordinate and monitor student work placements, as required
Compensation for this position is based on successful candidate’s level of education and occupational experience. Current annual, full time, salary range: RN – $72,786.00 to $75,323.00; LPN – $54,109.00 to $55,731.00 plus 6% vacation pay.Other Requirements :
- BScN or Diploma in Nursing combined with a minimum of five (5) years of relevant occupational experience, preferably in the continuing care sector. Applicants with Practical Nurse Diploma plus minimum of five (5) years of relevant occupational experience may be considered.
- Current member, in good standing, with Nova Scotia College of Nursing
- Previous experience teaching adults, in a formal learning environment, an assetCertificate in adult education (or willingness to obtain) Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to supply clear Criminal Record
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Computer Skills
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Team Work
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please submit your resume and cover letter by, 12 noon, July 13, 2020 to: Futureworx; c/o Helen DeYoung, CCA Project Manager, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested persons for their application, however only those selected for interview will contacted.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. We welcome applications from Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, in your cover letter or on your resume.