Personal Development Counsellor
Website Futureworx Society
We are seeking applications for an experienced Personal Development Counsellor for our ENGAGE program which focuses on enhancing the employability, essential and life skills of participants so as to increase community engagement.
The Personal Development Counsellor will have sufficient and direct work experience in mental health services. This position will include the delivery of one on one support to individuals with mental health barriers in a supportive and coaching capacity. The individual must have experience with one on one action plan development in relation to life skills, job coaching, and essential skills training. The PD Counsellor will also have experience in facilitating group sessions. This position would be attractive to individuals with a background in human and social services, work experience in mental health services, a knowledge and understanding of counselling and individual placement and support models, coupled with life skills counselling.
- Prepare and conduct one on one sessions with each participant focusing on the essential, employability and life skills that are part of the established curriculum/program outcomes.
- Provide 1:1 student performance counselling/feedback sessions on a daily basis
- Create an environment that is responsive and reflective of learning and development in consideration of mental health barriers.
- Develop and support the implementation and maintenance of Individual Engagement Plans (IEP) with each participant based on the Individual Placement & Support method of delivery.
- Maintain up to date and accurate client files, prepare and submit necessary documentation and reporting requirements.
- Communicate collaboratively and pro-actively with internal and external program stakeholders
- Work directly with community supports, contacts to support a participants IEP
- Arrange for and monitor student community placements, as required
- Contribute to maintaining a healthy, secure, and safe learning environment.
- Diploma or Degree in Human Services/Social Work/Counselling, or equivalent, and a minimum of three (3) years of relevant occupational experience
- Experience in adult education and/or group facilitation and demonstrated ability to support adult learners
- Experience working with individuals facing barriers to employment; specifically, in mental health services and life skills training/development
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative work relationships with internal and external program stakeholders
- Additional Compensation
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Computer Skills
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Team Work
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please submit your resume and cover letter, by May 17th, 2019 to: Ann Boyd, Project Manager, Futureworx Society; 14 Court Street, Suite 305, Truro, NS B2N 3H7 or e-mail: [email protected]
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. We welcome applications from Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, in your cover letter or on your resume.