Website Fundy Compost
At Fundy Compost we are committed to protecting the environment for future generations. Located just 15 kilometers outside of Truro, we have the distinction of being the ONLY Nova Scotian facility to retain a Soil Scientist and are proud to keep 12,000 metric tonnes of material out of the landfill every year. Cooperating in the composting/recycling efforts which make Nova Scotia a leader in the field.
We are currently seeking an attentive and reliable individual to join our team as a Picker.
The Picker role is a year-round part-time, Monday to Friday position ranging in 20-35 hours per week. We are offering $15.00 per hour which will increase in increments based on performance to a maximum of $16.50 per hour.
- Screen compost; sort and segregate non-compostable items
- Deposit recoverable materials safely and efficiently into appropriate bin
- Perform general clean-up in all operational areas of work-site maintaining neat and clean work area
- Follow all Company safety policies and procedures
- Must be able to stand entire shift and be willing to work outside despite inclement weather
- Must be willing to work additional hours (above 35 hours) if needed
- Physical stamina to perform expected tasks
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Attention to detail; strong hand-eye coordination
- Physical stamina; physically able to stand for duration of shift
- Proven track record for being reliable
- Lack sensitivity to medium odours
- Ability to operate a small loader a definite asset
- Working with Others
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Team Work
If you meet the above criteria, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to: [email protected]