Project Assistant – Job Creation Partnership
Community Enhancement Association
We’re building a stronger community!
Community Enhancement Association, CEA is a volunteer organization that is committed to meeting the identified needs of African Nova Scotians living in Truro through community events, program delivery, advocacy and meaningful partnerships that support community development and facilitate a positive change.
We are seeking a Project Assistant for our Community Building Project. This project is a community driven, volunteer project with activities occurring over the next 9 – 12 months in an effort to revitalize the African Nova Scotian community in Truro. As the Project Assistant, you will be instrumental in coordinating the preliminary activities in lead-up to developing a shared vision of our community, community mapping, and needs assessments. This position is a one-year term, offering $12.00 for 35 hours per week for a one year term.
Under the direction of Project Lead, the Project Assistants’ primary role will be to help facilitate the community’s engagement. You will provide administrative support, assist in event planning and promotion, and liaise with community partners and community members. You will also be entrusted to manage our social media platforms; creating content that is attention grabbing as well as content that showcases events and opportunities relevant to our community members.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Preference will be given to African Nova Scotian applicants; however, we encourage all applicants to apply
- Familiarity with the local ANS community
- Keen understanding, and experience using various social media platforms
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to foster relations with community members, CEA members and community partners
- Periodic availability on weekends and evenings
- Reliable, trustworthy, and committed to team’s success
- Applicants must qualify for the Job Creation Partnership, JCP program to apply. For more information please visit: https://novascotia.ca/employmentnovascotia/programs/job-creation-partnerships.asp
We welcome all applications, noting that preference will be given to qualified African Nova Scotian applicants. You are strongly encouraged to self-identify, in your cover letter or on your resume.Salary Range: $12.00 per hour
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Continuous Learning
- Computer Skills
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Team Work
If you meet the above criteria, and would like to join us for a rewarding and unique opportunity, please submit your resume with cover letter to email@example.com before July 26th, 2019.