Carpenters and General Labourers
Property renovations, repair and full-construction services
The company is a multi-faceted business providing residential and commercial property renovations, repair and full construction services on a year-round basis. We are looking for carpenters and general labourers who are experienced, reliable, hard working, respectful, adaptable and who are able to conduct themselves in a professional manner in a fast-paced environment and willing to put in the extra effort to meet the needs of our customers and the ongoing demands of our growing company.Other Requirements :
- General Labourers must have general construction labour experience
- Carpenters must be fully trained and experienced in construction carpentry (general, rough and finish) with experience in the entire construction process (building, renovations, repair).
- Ability to read and follow blueprints and building plans, drawings and specifications would be an asset.
- Construction project management and supervisory experience are definite assets and will be additionally rewarded based on satisfactory performance demonstration, including, able to effectively motivate, co-ordinate, direct and supervise a team of trades and general construction labour personnel
- Able to use a variety of hand and power construction tools and machinery appropriately and safely
- Up-to-date safety training certifications in fall protection, scaffolding and first aid are an asset
- Able to be flexible in hours of work as company demands require
- Able to drive company vehicles (possessing a valid drivers’ licence and clean driving abstract) (mandatory requirement for carpenter positions and a definite asset for labourer positions)
- Physical endurance with frequent lifting of heavy tools, construction and other materials and long periods of standing, climbing, bending, kneeling.
- Able to safely lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs and heavier up to approximately 100 lbs with assistance
- Willing and able to travel as required
- Impeccable customer service skills and friendly and accommodating demeanor
- Working with Others
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Team Work
Candidates will be required to provide a clear criminal background check and satisfactory reference checks to be eligible for hire. Interested applicants should forward their resume with cover letter explaining their interest in the available position and their qualifications and experience relating to the requirements and responsibilities of the position to email@example.com. Only applicants who meet the requirements of the position as set out in this job posting will be contacted.