Respite Support Worker
Northern Region Respite Services/Highland Community Residential Services
The Respite Supports and Navigation Services Database connects families in the Northern Region needing respite with trained and qualified respite workers in their area. This database supports individuals of all ages and diverse abilities. In addition to providing trained respite workers, the Database connects families to respite resources such as community supports, recreation and leisure programs, and funding information.
Respite Workers are hired by families and are not employed by Northern Region Respite Services. Responsibilities are determined by the family, depending on the needs of the individual (i.e. requests the respite worker to focus on community integration and social interaction).
- Experience working with individuals living with disabilities would be an asset
- Outgoing, sociable and willing to take initiative
- Compassionate, trustworthy, patient and reliable
- First Aid Certification
- Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Three reference checks
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable vehicle
Providing in-home respite care or out-of home care, depending on the needs of the family and of the individual requiring respite.Salary Range: To be negotiated
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Team Work
If you are interested in applying, please visit: www.respiteservices.com
- select "Nova Scotia" and then
- "Northern Region"
- and select "Online Worker Registration" to fill out a worker application and attach your resume.
- For more information please contact Amanda Smith at: [email protected]