Continuing Care Assistant – Part-Time (FTE 0.9)
Website Shannex Inc.
Long-term health care and retirement living
Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of Continuing Care accommodations, and services in the Maritimes. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs over 4,000 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Continuing Care Assistant – Part-Time (FTE 0.9)
** This position is guaranteed 72 hours bi-weekly**Multiple Vacancies
This position is located at Shannex’s Cedarstone Enhanced Care Limited facility in Truro Nova Scotia (378 Young Street, B2N 7H2). It is a permanent position and there are multiple vacancies.
Reporting to the Health Services Manager/Director of Care and under the day to day supervision of the Registered Nurse/Clinical Care Coordinator, the Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) provides direct, non-invasive and routine client care, assists with all activities of daily living and upholds the client-directed Philosophy of Service.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Consistently demonstrates the client-directed philosophy in daily interactions;
- Encourages and supports clients to maintain or regain cognitive and functional capabilities;
- Collaborates with the client and other members of the team in the development of an individualized Client Care Plan;
- Involved in the planning and implementation of client leisure activities;
- Assists clients with daily living activities and special needs, such as bathing, dressing, colostomy care, skin care, walking, range of motion, etc.; and performs delegated nursing acts according to policy;
- Assists in the preparation of snacks; serves meals and snacks; provides assistance at mealtimes and monitors intake;
- Assists with keeping client suite, server, and common areas tidy using microfibers and prescribed cleaning solutions and places waste in compactor and/or waste pickup area
- Assists clients with basic laundry services; delivers clean clothing to suites; assist client to put clean clothing away;
- Fills and replenishes supplies in client suites, neighborhoods, and washrooms;
- Documents according to facility policy; communicates and reports pertinent and relevant information;
- Works together with members of the team in a respectful workplace environment;
- Participates in department meetings, committees, team and care conferences, orientation and training of new employees;
- Demonstrates an interest in personal development by attending education programs;
- Understands emergency response role and participates in testing of emergency response procedures;
- Follows safety, environment, and infection control practices, as per facility policies;
- Recognizes and responds to client needs on the risk management program, e.g. wandering clients, choking, falls, etc.;
- Utilizes supplies and equipment in a responsible manner;
- Ensures client safety by following and applying all standard operational procedures, safe work practices and training provides; and
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- This is a unionized position. The wages follow the facility’s union Collective Agreement Wage Scale. The hourly rate starts at CAD$16.7990 (non-certified) and CAD$17.1308(certified).
- Group benefits are offered, including health and dental coverage. Participation in a Group Registered Group Retirement Savings Program is optional.
Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.Other Requirements :
Requirements for the role include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education;
- Continuing Care Assistant course or equivalent education;
- CPR/First Aid certification;
- Ability to work shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Works and communicates in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manger. Committed to quality service; and
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
Supplement Qualifications considered an asset:
- Previous experience working in a long-term care environment;
- Bilingualism English/French.
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Team Work
To apply for this position, please click on the following link: https://shannex.itacit.com/itacit-career-ui/postings/41976?CLIENT=77426639&SID=2&LANGUAGE=en
When applying, please note that you are applying for Job Ad: 2019-001.
If you have additional questions about this job ad, please contact the following: [email protected]
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply by May 24th, 2019.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.