Manufacturing, Natural Resources
We are currently looking to fill the role of Truck Driver position. In this position you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the trucks, truck maintenance, and product deliver for Shaw Resources in Milford, NS. Your daily duties will consist of (but not limited to) material deliveries, pre-trip inspection of your equipment, cleaning and maintaining of all the machinery.
It is the Truck Driver’s obligation to enforce and follow standard operating procedures as well as Shaw Resources Policies and Procedures as they may pertain to safety and working efficiencies.
Class 1 Driver’s License is a requirement.
Why work for our team?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. If this sounds like the right fit for you please show your interest by submitting your resumeOther Requirements :
The most critical outcomes for this role are to:
- Create and maintain a safe workplace for all employees
- Comply with legislation including safe operation, carriage of goods, driver's hours of service, occupational health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods and weights and dimensions
- Check vehicles before driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Record and maintain required documentation including driver logbook
- Communicate effectively with the public, customers, and co-workers
- Assist in loading and unloading of trucks
- Perform periodic inspections before, during, and after delivery to ensure that load is properly fastened down and is secure
- Ensure that material is properly protected from the outdoor elements
- Deliver product and proper paperwork in a courteous and timely manner
- Participate in the safety culture within the plant in all actions and instructions
- Participate in safety training with other plant personnel, including record keeping and near miss reporting
- Actively participate in Tool Box meetings with their crew.
- Class One Driver’s License
- Customer Service Focused
- Time Management Skills
- Accountable and Reliable
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
email: [email protected]