Milking System Technician
Website Sheehy Enterprises
Sheehy Enterprises is an agricultural equipment dealer that provides services to Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, and New Brunswick. We are currently looking for a Milking System Technician, for both conventional and automated milking systems (robotic). Below is a list of what we are looking for.
- Installing, servicing, and trouble-shooting conventional and robotic milking equipment plus cooling equipment.
- On-call service work, including weekends and evenings. Weekend and evening service work is on a rotating schedule with the other milk techs.
- Working independently or as part of team depending on the task.
- Ability to perform physical tasks, including climbing, lifting, pushing, bending/stooping
- Strong communication skills to work effectively with customers and coworkers.
- Self-driven and highly organized.
No tools are required, they are all supplied. A work truck and phone will be provided once you start working independently. The position is full-time, 40+ hours per week plus on-call work for after hours and weekends. Benefits kick in following a work probation period.Other Requirements :
- Previous experience within an agricultural setting is preferred (preferably dairy farming.)
- Class 5 drivers license.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- An understanding of electrical, electronics, vacuum systems, hydraulics, refrigeration, and/or PLC’s is considered a plus.
- Experience welding is considered an asset.
- Experience operating machinery (skid-steers, tractors, etc.) is considered an asset.
- Working with Others
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Time Management
- Team Work
If you are interested in this opportunity stop by in person (call ahead at 902-751-1777 and follow the provinces suggested guidelines for COVID if you do) at 20843 Hwy #2, Shubenacadie NS, B0N 2H0 or email firstname.lastname@example.org