Established in 1963, Strescon Limited has grown to become the largest precast, pre-stressed concrete manufacturer in Eastern Canada. Its primary market covers the Atlantic Provinces, the New England region of the United States, and Bermuda. Strescon manufactures a wide range of both architectural and structural precast/prestressed concrete products including bridge girders, wall panels, complete parking garages, hollow-core planking, piling and deck slabs. Strescon presently has two facilities: 70,000 sq. ft. in Saint John, New Brunswick and 50,000 sq. ft. In Bedford, Nova Scotia.
In addition to our engineered precast facilities for custom components, Strescon also operates a 32,000 sq. ft. facility in Saint John which manufactures standard concrete products for engineered drainage systems, such as pipe, manholes and catch basins.
Strescon Limited is currently recruiting General Labourers for our precast concrete facility in Bedford, NS.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- General heavy labour work
- Assembly, preparation and dismantle of concrete forms
- Mix, pour and spread concrete materials
- Placement and tying of reinforcing steel
- Clean up of shop
- Shift work and long hours may be required
Education Requirements - Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to handle very physically demanding work
- Must be clean shaven for all shifts in accordance with mask safety requirements
- Must be willing to work long shifts and extra hours
- Previous labour experience in concrete and/or construction industry is an asset
- Past experience tying rebar and concrete finishing considered an asset
- Additional Compensation
- Working with Others
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Team Work
To apply please send a resume to email@example.com or https://hdrc.fa.ca3.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_3001/job/1816/?utm_medium=jobshare