Summer Youth – Production Assistant
All For Knot Rope Weaving
At All For Knot Rope Weaving we pride ourselves in using only authentic marine grade materials for our hand-woven rope and knot crafted products. Each of our nautical home decor and decorative items are painstakingly crafted using a combination of basket weaving and nautical design pattern. We finish each piece by hand in the traditional nautical knot crafting fashion, without the use of glues or metal closures, to ensure the highest quality and long life you would expect from something that is built for life in the harsh conditions of the North Atlantic.
We are currently accepting applications from youth (ages 15-30) for our summer employment Production Assistant positions. These positions offer $12.55 per hour for 30 hours per week and have varied start dates; earliest being in May. Please note that these positions are dependent on Canada Summer Jobs funding approval.
Under the direction of our Owner/Operations Manager, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following production related tasks:
- Tying traditional knots
- Splice, shape and prepare recycled rope for production
- Gather, sort, grade and launder materials
- Measure and cut product as per specifications
- Assist with picking, packaging and shipping wholesale products
- Other duties as required
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Superior hand-eye coordination and attentive to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Strong numeracy skills
- Ability to follow directions; written and verbal
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Team Work
Please send resume to Angela: email@example.com on or before April 17, 2020