Support Service Worker – Maintenance (Summer Student)
Website Willow Lodge
At Willow Lodge we are committed to providing the BEST quality of life for our Residents and Care Partners, and welcoming the support of the larger Community
The primary purpose of this position is to perform a variety of maintenance tasks throughout the entire facility. Support Service Workers contribute to fostering a home like environment for Residents.
All tasks are to be approached in a spirit of teamwork, within and among departments, to ensure cooperation and completion in an efficient manner. As with every role, the underlying responsibility is the care and well-being of each Resident. As such, the tasks required in fulfilling the responsibilities of this position, and the day-to-day routines/schedules for completing these tasks, are secondary only to ensuring the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of each Resident are met. Specific responsibilities are outlined below in the Key Result Areas. Neighbourhood Support Workers are to work within the scope of practice and under the direction of the Mission & Vision Statement, Values, Eden Principles, Standards, Policies, and Procedures of Willow Lodge Association.
The specific work schedule for the Support Service Worker is established by the Management Team. Work schedules are subject to change based on operational need and will be advised in the usual manner.
KEY RESULT AREAS AS IT APPLIES:
Maintenance Service Requirements and Duties:
- Maintain grounds including mowing lawns, trimming shrubs, etc
- Maintain flower beds and vegetable gardens
- Unload incoming supplies from trucks and store supplies in designated areas
- Keeps equipment clean and in good working order
- Responsible for other related duties as may be delegated by the Director of Operations
- Must be 16 years of age, preferably a student
- Must be self-motivated and able to work without supervison
- Maintains safety standards and procedures according to provincial standards and the standards of Willow Lodge
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner
- Always respect the resident of Willow Lodge, this is their home
- Working with Others
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Time Management
- Team Work
Please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews may start before closing date.