Transportation Company Dispatcher
Talentcor is recruiting for a Dispatcher Fleet Manager, in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
- Work and delegate large number of employees and delegate effectively through key positions and all aspects of the distribution center
- Promote and support all safety initiatives ensuring a safe work environment.
- Plan, organize and direct the functions and activities related to the procurement, servicing, operation, maintenance and repair of fleet vehicles.
- Assure vehicle-related functions and activities comply with established laws, codes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Confer with various internal departments concerning vehicle needs and issues.
- Development of fleet administration standards and vehicle operating policies.
- Monitor, evaluate and determine priority of vehicle maintenance, servicing and repair projects.
- Review the work of mechanics and other maintenance personnel to assure compliance with established standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure HM 183 regulatory compliance in the US and CSA-B620 regulations in Canada
- Direct off-site maintenance, repair and recovery functions for roadside vehicle malfunctions.
- Prepare vehicle specifications according to fleet needs.
- Research and evaluate new vehicles and coordinate the purchasing and assure optimal pricing and quality of vehicles for the business.
- Assist with the processing of insurance claims involving fleet vehicles.
- Monitor and evaluate vehicle maintenance, including the service and repair functions to identify needs and determine financial effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Assure adequate personnel, equipment and material levels to meet maintenance, servicing and repair needs
- Schedule and dispatch trucks, with the goal to book the timeliest service possible
- Direct the pickup and delivery activities of drivers
- Provide accurate directions for pickup and delivery services
- Schedule and dispatch workers, to appropriate locations according to requests, specifications, or needs, using radios or telephones.
- Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from supervisors using telephones or two-way radios.
- Track shipments from pickup through delivery for accurate, up-to-date information can be provided regarding any shipment
- Oversee all communications within specifically assigned territories.
- Advise personnel about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, and other hazards
- Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules.
- Manage a real-time transportation database reflecting rates, equipment, origin/destination pairs, fuel surcharges, carrier insurance, etc
- Receive and process transportation requirement requests from customers
- Adhere to corporate and departmental policies and procedures
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within transportation-based industry
- Must have experience in maintenance and asset management in a fleet environment.
- Previous involvement in researching, comparing and purchasing vehicles, equipment and supplies an asset
- Knowledge of dispatch, transportation, fleet
- Knowledge of the impact pricing decisions have on the profit and loss of the company
- Oral and written communication skills
- Leadership, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively supervise staff and achieve results through others
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers to achieve short- and long-term goals of branch
- Ability to think strategically about business needs
- Build a strong service infrastructure
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple internal and external layers of the organization
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- Hands on approach with strong desire to succeed
- Advanced computer skills - Outlook, Excel, Word, TMW and Shaw
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Excellent customer service skills
- Meticulous records maintenance skills.
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects
- Excellent management writing and verbal communication skills
- Proven skills to interact effectively with employees in order to direct work flow, assess performance and assign duties
- Communications Skills
- Time Management
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to Wendy MacDonald at [email protected]
Talentcor would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
We encourage you to visit www.talentcor.com regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!