Senior Administrator, Health Care Field
Talentcor is currently recruiting for a passionate Senior Administrator to work with our client in the Health Care field. This is a permanent full-time position and the successful candidate will be based in HRM.
- Direct and manage all activities of the Home, in accordance the mission, vision, the strategic plan and approved budget.
- Responsible to ensure that the internal structures support the efficient and effective operation of the Home.
- Ensure the provision of quality personal care services through the acquisition, utilization and organization of available human, financial and physical resources and through the development of improved techniques and practices.
- Ensures that all mangers receive, understand and communicate strategic and operational plans, general policies, and organizational plans to immediate subordinates.
- Ensures the development and maintenance of effective position descriptions, performance standards, and formal individual goals and objectives for management and supervisory personnel.
- Promotes community through effective communication by partnering with the surrounding community in community events
- Approves employment and termination of employees. Ensures salaries are in keeping with the approved salary scale/Collective Agreement.
- Keeps the Board informed on a timely basis of the condition of the Home and material factors influencing it.
- Ensures that new managers are well orientated with the Home and its operations; ensures that a continuing education program is routinely provided to staff.
- Participates in negotiation of the labour contract and directly supervises the grievance and discipline procedures of the Home.
Facilitates the conduct of Board approved scientific, medical, or social research requiring senior or nursing care settings.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Must have criminal record check & Venerable sector search
- Minimum five years’ experience in a senior management position
- Financial management/accounting experience an asset
- Experience and knowledge in geriatrics
- Excellent communication, organizational, social assessment, problem-solving, interpersonal communication, conflict resolution, financial management
- Labour relations and negotiation skills required.
- Communications Skills
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to Wendy MacDonald at Talentcor.com
Talentcor would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
We encourage you to visit www.talentcor.com regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Administration, Operations, Leadership, Healthcare, Nursing