Site Support Person – Summer Youth Position
Website Tatamagouche Centre
Start Date and Duration: 10 weeks (To be worked between June 17th and September 1st)
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
Supporting the staff in all aspects of operations, including yard work, light housekeeping, kitchen work, some promotional activities or office tasks.
Assets of Applicants:
Any or all the following skills and experiences are an asset:
- Comfortable working outdoors, and in a wide range of tasks.
- Experience with gardening and/or working with your hands is an asset.
- Experience working in food service environments.
- Ability to work with others or unsupervised.
- Ability to build relationships with people of other ages.
- Volunteer experience, involvement in community groups, and/or faith communities.
- Interesting hobbies or skills.
- Ability to work positively and respectfully with diverse groups of people is a requirement.
To be eligible for this position, you must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment, and be legally entitled to work in Canada. You do NOT have to be a student.
The Tatamagouche Centre has a policy of employment equity in the calling/appointment of all staff positions to eliminate discriminatory employment barriers and practices and improve the participation of any person regardless of race, gender identity, colour, creed or sexual orientation. Please indicate in your cover letter if you would like to be considered under our employment equity policy.Salary Range: Pay: $13.50/hour, 37.5 hours/week.
- Working with Others
- Communications Skills
- Team Work
Send resumé and cover letter to [email protected] or mail to Tatamagouche Centre, 259 Loop Route 6, Tatamagouche, NS B0K 1V0.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.