The Rath Eastlink Community Centre
Join our Dynamic Team!
The Rath Eastlink Community Centre is full of exciting opportunities for you to live an active lifestyle.
The RECC is home to two pools with a 2.5 story water slide, fitness centre and studio, athletic development centre, 40’ rock climbing wall, NHL sized ice surface, walking track, and home to Nourish, our in –house food and beverage catering service.
Home of the Truro Junior A Bearcats, the Community Credit Union Arena has a seating capacity of 3,000 seats for concerts and sporting events. Working with the RECC provides an opportunity to provide a space for the events of Beach Boys, Kenny Rogers, Jan Arden, Harlem Globetrotters, Pinty’s Curling, Johnny Reid, annual trade shows, and much more!
Housekeeping staff are dedicated, hard-working team players who are the face of providing a welcoming atmosphere for RECC members and guests. Housekeeping staff maintain a “sparkling” clean facility through routine cleaning of all areas of the facility including: rest rooms, change rooms, arena bowl, facility walkways, hallways, and stairs. and assis in event set up and tear down.
RECC Housekeeping staff maintain focus on risk reduction and promote safety, cleanliness and enjoyable experience for all.
Reports to: Housekeeping Coordinator
Position: Part Time, 12-32 hours per week
Perks: Free personal membership to the RECC
- Minimum 1-year experience in janitorial service in a public facility
- Experience working with cleaning chemicals and equipment
- WHMIS (current or willing to obtain)
- Able to accommodate flexible scheduling, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willing to work extra hours during events and/or facility bookings
- Standard First Aid & CPR (current or willing to obtain)
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to be flexible, in a fast paced and multi-tasking environment
- Able to establish and maintain respectful, cooperative, and professional working relationships with RECC staff, members and visitors
- Able to consistently adhere to Occupational Health and Safety and RECC policy and procedures.
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills and attention to detail
- All RECC staff must be able to provide a current Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Check before commencement of shifts.
- Working with Others
- Communications Skills
- Time Management
- Team Work
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome resumes from all qualified applicants, however, only those selected for an interview shall be contacted.