Industrial Millwright Mechanic
Website The Shaw Group Limited
Manufacturing of Brick and Precast products
The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada’s leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers.
Shaw Precast Solutions has two new, state-of-the-art production facilities located in Lantz, Nova Scotia. With safety as our number one priority, and an incredible focus on innovation and providing solutions for our customers, we design and produce a wide range of specialized concrete products but not limited to; bridges, culverts, sewer & storm water treatment systems, segmental retaining walls, etc. We are the industry leader and are recognized for our commitment to providing the highest quality structural precast concrete products in the marketplace.
We are currently looking for an industrial millwright for our Lantz, NS operations. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager/Plant Manager you will be responsible for:
- Troubleshooting, problem solving and repair of pneumatic and hydraulic production equipment, including forklifts and other equipment.
- Providing advice and support to production employees who carry out preventative maintenance procedures on production equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance on mid-sized or specialized equipment not maintained by production employees.
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records and keeping the preventative maintenance system up to date and accurate.
- Working with and supports Stationary Engineers, Industrial Electricians, production employees and supervisors with troubleshooting, problem solving, repair, and maintenance of the physical plant and production equipment.
- Other mechanical duties as may be required to support and maintain production and the physical plant.
You are exceptional with machining and precision measurement skills, mechanical trouble shooting and problem solving skills. You are customer focused and understand how to prioritize and multi-task with a sense of urgency when required. You are a team player and use your interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with your customers and your team.Other Requirements :
You will have the following qualifications:
- Nova Scotia Licensed Millwright-Industrial Mechanic.
- Minimum three years of experience as an Industrial Mechanic, preferably in a production environment.
- Welding background is required.
- Competent in computer skills, including the use of e-mail, the internet, MPS systems.
- Consideration will be given to Apprentice and candidates with trade related experience.
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Time Management
- Stress Management
or drop off a resume at:
1101 Highway 2, Lantz, Nova Scotia