Work From Home Technical Support Advisor
- Do you love exploring the ways technology helps you do all your favorite things?
- Do you love helping people and sharing your knowledge?
- Do you want to grow your career with a company that rewards your hard work?
- Do you want to improve your work / life balance and work from the comfort of home?
Join our Transcom Family!
You’ll be the friendly voice of our Telecommunications client to support their customers with smartphones, tablets, and computers. In this role, you’ll take inbound phone calls, listen to the caller, and use your technical expertise and passion for outstanding customer service to answer questions about products and services, or troubleshoot technical issues to find solutions.
We’ve got an exciting career opportunity for you, if you can:
- Effortlessly engage with callers, actively listen, analyze, and isolate tech issues
- Comfortably navigate multiple applications to research solutions
- Multitask in systems while patiently providing step-by-step instructions
- Calmly provide conflict resolution and navigate frustrated customer situations
- Work independently with discipline and motivation to succeed in a virtual environment
- Work in a highly structured environment with strict adherence to your schedule
- Excel in a high-volume, fast-paced, and sometimes stressful environment
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Position as a Transcom employee (not an independent contractor)
- Improved Work / Life balance with paid vacation
- Health Benefits for you and your family, including: medical, dental, vision
- 100% work at home, including training
- Ability to develop your skills and grow your career
- An opportunity to work for a company passionate about people
- At least 18 years or older
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Able to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Able to work a full-time work week of 32-40 hours
- Able to maintain 100% strict adherence to the assigned schedule
- Able to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Able to work full-time hours, with reliable attendance
- Strong computer knowledge, including ability to accurately type at least 40 wpm
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Courteous and friendly with high level of professionalism
- Willingness to follow procedures and adhere to policies
- Able to multitask applications while talking to customers on the phone
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to actively listen to customer needs and demonstrate empathy
*Must live and work in one of the following provinces:
Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, or Saskatchewan
HOME OFFICE REQUIREMENTS:
Transcom provides you an all-in-one computer and monitor for this position. The computer contains a built-in webcam that is required to be used for training and meetings.
You must have a secure, quiet, distraction-free work environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled work shift. (Conflicting responsibilities may include caring for a family member)
You must have a hardwired DSL, Fiber, or Cable Internet via an Ethernet connection
(Dial up, Wireless, or Satellite internet service cannot be used)
Minimum download speed 20 Mbps
Minimum upload speed 3 Mbps
Ping less than 100 ms
Although the computer is provided if you are hired, you will need a home desktop or laptop computer that is hardwired using an Ethernet connection to complete the typing and internet speed assessments during the application. This is a requirement to be considered for this employment opportunity.
We are a global customer experience specialist, operating across 22 countries with 26,000 global employees. Right now, we are growing our virtual footprint in North America and currently hire remote employees in 32 states and 6 Canadian provinces. Proud to be recognized by FlexJobs as #17 on their list of the Top 100 companies to watch for remote work in 2020.
We are passionate about people and look forward to meeting you!Salary Range: $16.50 (CAD) per hour
- Additional Compensation
- Communications Skills
Submit your resume and online application at: