Continuing Care Assistant (CCA)
Website Victorian Order of Nurses
VON Canada has been pioneering care at home for over 120 years.
Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding career in healthcare?
Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. Come work with us – it’s a job that matters!
The CCA provides personal care and health maintenance to individuals and families in the home setting within the framework of VON philosophy, policies, procedures and standards, in community health care.
As a Continuing Care Assistant, you will work in the community to provide services including personal care, light housekeeping, meal preparation, and respite to clients in their own homes.
Other Requirements :
- Continuing Care Assistant Certification, or if you have certification (PSW,HSW) from another province and are in the process of being certified in Nova Scotia
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Current CPR/First Aid required
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Strong assessment skills
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Ability to adapt to change and work in various social and economic environments
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Additional Compensation
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Time Management
Apply online : www.von.ca/careers