Continuing Care Assistant (CCA)
Website VON (Victorian Order of Nurses)
Home and Community Healthcare
Helping people stay at home when it matters most!
We have CCA positions available in our Cumberland County, Richmond County, Pictou County, Colchester East Hants, Annapolis Valley, and Shelburne sites.
VON is a non-profit organization that provides innovative clinical, personal, and social support to people who want to live every day to the fullest while remaining in their own homes and communities.
We are looking for Continuing Care Assistants who have strong critical thinking skills, who enjoy continuous learning, working independently and to their full scope.
Our Continuing Care Assistants:
- Work one-on-one with clients in their homes to provide personal care
- Assist with daily living activities, such as grooming, dressing, and bathing
- Help with patient mobility and transfers
- Respite care
- Plan and prepare meals
- Light household duties
- Monitor and maintain household safety
- Continuing Care Assistant Certification (CCA
- PSW, HSW, etc. certification from another province who are enrolled in or are eligible to enroll in the Nova Scotia CCA Recognizing Prior Learning (PLAR) Program
- Internationally educated nurses, students in nursing or CCA programs will also be considered
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and families in a clear and effective manner that demonstrates respect, empathy and understanding
- Current CPR/First Aid required
- A valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Child Abuse Registry Check are required and a Vulnerable Sector Search may be required depending on program requirements
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
Please visit our website: www.von.ca/careers