Continuing Care Assistant
Website Willow Lodge
At Willow Lodge we are committed to providing the BEST quality of life for our Residents and Care Partners, and welcoming the support of the larger Community.
Continuing Care Assistant is responsible for providing direct and indirect Resident care under the supervision of the Charge Nurse and/or Director of Resident Care. The CCA works within his/her scope of practice and follows established facility policies and procedures while providing care, and coordinates elder care with other departments within Willow Lodge.
- Must have completed Continuing Care Assistant’s Course at a Level II facility.
- Must embrace the Eden philosophy in alleviating the 3 plagues of loneliness, helplessness and boredom.
- Must be physically and mentally suitable for employment.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills – verbal, oral and written.
- Must demonstrate initiative in gerontology and self growth in this field.
- Must be excited about change & contribute to changing methods of care
- Must demonstrate ability to be a team player.
- Computer skills an asset or must be willing to learn.
- Must accept and use constructive feedback for personal & professional growth.
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Computer Skills
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Team Work
Apply by e-mail, fax, in writing, or in person to:
Willow Lodge, 100 Blair Ave., Tatamagouche, NS B0K 1V0