Dale Morrow Bursary
In 2015, the Futureworx Society Board of Directors made the decision to move forward with the creation of a bursary fund to commemorate the legacy of our long-time Board Member and Chair, Dale Morrow. Dale was a tireless supporter of the work undertaken by the Society and was a strong advocate for life-long learning. The bursary fund is used to provide financial assistance to clients of the Society needing support to pursue studies, courses, seminars, workshops and diploma/degree programs to improve their overall suite of skills required for employment.
The bursary committee administers the bursary fund and reviews applications annually. The value of the bursaries awarded depends on the funds available in any given year and the number of applicants that qualify.
If you require further information please contact our Head Office at 902-843-4290
Criteria and Guidelines (DEADLINE EXTENDED to JUNE 15th, 2020)
- Only individuals who are or who have participated in Society sponsored initiatives may apply. (this includes all sponsored projects, agreements and programs)Dale Morrow Busary Application and Guidelines Form Updated April 22 2020
- Funds approved for training at an institution will be sent by Futureworx Society to the institution, once proof of acceptance has been received.
- Funds approved to support learning, including travel costs, food, clothing, or other living expenses, will be administered directly to the applicant.
- Applicants receiving an award may reapply for a maximum of three additional years.
- Applications must be made on the official form, which is available to download near the top of this page or through our online form.
- Two letters of recommendation must accompany the completed form. One must be from the staff connected to the applicant’s involvement with Futureworx; the other from a non-relative. Please indicate the relationship to the applicant.
- Applications must be submitted by June 15, 2020 (if mailing it will need to have been received by June 15th, 2020) It is recommended that an applicant inform Futureworx Head Office the application has been submitted to ensure it was received on time. (902) 843-4290
- The bursary committee meets in June and successful applicants are notified by letter. Announcement is made by June 30th.
- Decisions of the bursary committee shall be final.
- The maximum individual bursary award is $1000.
- The application form, with two letters of recommendation, can be submitted via three options: Complete the online application at https://futureworx.ca/bursary-application-form/ : Download Application and mail to Head Office, 14 Court Street, Suite 305, Truro, Nova Scotia, B2N 3H7 or Download Application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A T4A slip will be sent to all bursary recipients by February 28th of the year following receipt of their bursary award exceeding $500.00.