Futureworx offers short-term (30 +hours) to longer-term (2 to 6 month) training programs to assist unemployed individuals who have had difficulty successfully participating in today’s labour force. We offer a unique-holistic approach which focuses on the employability skills employers seek, as well as, the essential skills required for today’s job market and provide industry specific training certifications.
Our programs have been designed in consultation with employers and industry sectors which ensure graduates have the most current training available. For more information, Contact Us
Curriculum Guides, Facilitators and Participant Workbooks and other Resources are available for purchase for the following program deliveries:
- Restaurantworx – Upskilling for work in the food services sector
- Warehouseworx – Upskilling for work in the warehousing/supply chain sector
- Retailworx – Upskilling for work in the retail and customer service sector
- Hotelworx – Upskilling for work in the hotel industry
- Dietaryworx – Upskilling for work in food services within the healthcare sector
- Lifeworx – Targeted initiative for older workers (Employability)
- Youthworx – Targeted initiative for youth (Employability)
- Connex – Career/employment exploration for clients requiring enhanced supports
- Engage – Increasing community engagement for clients dealing with mental health (Pre-employability)
All programs follow our Integrated Program Delivery Model
This model is designed to help organizations take a new approach which embraces employability as the focus of training and results in programming purposefully designed and implemented to help people get and keep jobs. It promotes what is called Integrated Programming, in which literacy skills are developed to meet the specific needs of a target work sector, and in which those skills are developed as part of technical and so called ‘soft’ skill programming, not as distinct programming components.
Integrated programming uses a combination of occupation-specific training, contextualized learning, and a work placement to address technical, soft skills and workplace essential skills all at the same time. This approach has proven to be an effective way for job seekers with limited skills to access and maintain sustainable employment, as well as, access opportunities for career advancement or further education.
The Integrated Program Model’s users are adult education providers and others interested in workforce development solutions for clients who are motivated to develop their skills within an occupational context. The IPM can be utilized to develop training for any industry sector with curriculum development provided as a consultative service. A training package and implementation guide is also available for purchase.
For more information on the Integrated Program Model, Contact Us.